About the Highway Safety Office
The Nebraska Department of Roads Highway Safety Office (NDOR-HSO) is responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies to reduce the state’s traffic-related injury and fatality rates. These strategies may take the form of stand-alone projects, activities, and/or more comprehensive long-term programs. Both traditional and innovative strategies are encouraged and utilized to support the HSO goals.
The HSO is responsible for the administration of the Federal Highway Safety funds and for facilitating the Highway Safety Programs supported by these funds.
Any issue related to traffic safety may be considered under the role and responsibilities of the HSO. Personnel are available for providing resource information and referral to other appropriate agencies or organizations.
Based on problem identification results, the following priority traffic safety areas are being targeted. To address these problem areas; grants, training opportunities, and educational items are available:
- Safety Belts / Occupant Protection
- Young Drivers
Other Areas of Concern
- Motorcycles / Mopeds
- Older Drivers
For more information on these areas, visit the Driving Safely page.
NDOR Highway Safety Office
5001 South 14th
P.O. Box 94612
Lincoln, NE 68509
Calendar of Events - 2017
- National Distracted Driving Awareness Month – U Text. U Drive. U Pay.
- National Alcohol Awareness Month
- Motorcycle Awareness Month – Share the Road
- Bicycle Safety Month – Share the Road
- National Youth Traffic Safety Month
- 10 – Bike to School Day
- 22 – June 4 – CIOT Mobilization
- 19 – National Ride to Work Day – Share the Road
- Back to School Month – Walk, Bike, and Ride to School Safely
- 17-23 – CPS Week
- 2-6 – Drive Safely Work Week
- 15-22 – National Teen Driver Safety Week
- 24 – Thanksgiving Holiday Travel – Occupant Protection, Buckle Up. Every Trip. Every Time.
- 24-December 12 – Pre-Holiday Season – Impaired Driving, Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving.
- 13-31 – Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Crackdown